View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #5
Rumil
Sage & Onions

Rumil has been trapped in the Barrow!
Eye Happy Day

Rumil was wandering slightly aimlessly, as usual. Important events and mighty deeds may have existed somewhere at the back of his mind but at the front there was very little that might be dignified as thought.

Distractedly, he sauntered across the grim, grey-green threshold that signified one of his habitual lurking spots. There were strange pieces of card and paper notes littering the entrance, a few of which he idly tickled with the tip of his boot as he made his way into the comfortable emerald glow of the barrow. Suddenly he stopped, his eyes coming sharply into focus for the first time in the last half-hour.

'Party? Party! What's all this about then?', then bending to examine a card, 'Alatar must be around here somewhere, and there seems to be some sort of problem with the door. How strange!'. With the tip of his finger Rumil gently pushed the great, but cunningly balanced, slab of granite that served as the barrow door. As usual it swung to and fro at the lightest touch, sometimes seeming to slow down unnaturally mid-swing then speed up again, as was characteristic of this eerie place.

'Hmmm', said Rumil, 'there's something funny about this and no mistake', and pondering, suddenly exclaimed 'It's yesterday!, or tomorrow or something, surely isn't it? Far, far away from my home-barrow, it should be yesterday, but my palantir has forgotten that I have traveled so many leagues and thinks it is now tomorrow. Oh dear my head is aching.'

A light interrogative cough emanated from a far corner of he barrow, where mysterious passageways twist and turn enough to make you dizzy. A click-clack on the floor as of party shoes on bare stone, and a faint squirrel-esque chittering, heard as if in the far distance. 'I know who that is'

'Hail and well met Estelyn!' cried Rumil, glad to see a familiar and friendly face 'I'm not really sure if it's yesterday or tomorrow at the moment, but I got in easily and
I guess it doesn't really matter,'

'After all, I have pizza!'