View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #3885
bcbdrums
Newly Deceased

bcbdrums has just left Hobbiton.
hello! hello!

hello, i am bcbdrums. i am a music teacher and a percussionist.

my entry into the world of tolkien began when my dad read me 'the hobbit' when i was a kid and found it fascinating. i really wasn't interested in fantasy as i got older and hadn't planned on seeing the LOTR movies, but then upon hearing that tolkien was a Christian like myself, i thought his works might make an interesting read. so i read the books first and then saw the movies and loved them! then i went and got the silmarillion and read that too, but it was a bit too confusing for me since i was still very young.

i put tolkien away until the recent hobbit movie came out and after seeing it for the first time last month remembered how much i had loved the books. i just finished a re-read of the hobbit and i'm working my way through LOTR at the moment and loving it even more than when i was a kid!

i've also been lurking around this forum for weeks and finally decided to join. it seems to be full of nice and intelligent people so i'm quite happy to be here. ^^