View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 01:07 PM   #335
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Esgallhugwen could not help overhearing the argument, she was sure she wasn't the only one. The Elf maiden and a Hobbit had a disagreement (which was the polite way to put it) the Elf had defended the stranger from the shirriff's rude comments, a fire came out in her that Esgallhugwen had not seen in a long time.

It being none of her business and not wanting to get involved with strangers; all but Lira, she returned to the shedding of uneeded clothing. She folded it gently and went out the back way placing it in Morsereg's stall.

Lunch was nearing for the Hobbits and Beren was still no where to be seen, even for elvish eyes. Which means he is still in bed or out elsewhere, so Esgallhugwen took to the garden in search of vegetables, before hand she had already started to heat up the water and had set out the cookies as requested by Cook. As she dug up some of the carrots the rich smell of earth entered her nose tingling her senses, she smiled gently, taking pleasure in simple things.

Not too long afterwards she had piled what was needed in a basket and was heading towards the kitchen, humming softly to herself an old elvish hyme. Esgallhugwen chopped up the vegetables, remembering to make thick chunks like the ones that were in the soup she had devoured last night.

Now all that's left is to boil them, then find Buttercup to slice the loaves of bread. Esgallhugwen had wondered where the Elf Uien had gone to, to see the strange man more than likely. It was right for her do to so; there was something between them that only grew stronger.

You are quite nosy for an Elf that has no business concerning herself with affairs that are not her own! But you do humble yourself by chopping vegetables instead of cleaving orc's heads, no matter you will eventually come around and go on the hunt again... before they come to you, before he comes to you. Esgallhugwen busied herself with the task in front of her.

I do not humble myself by cooking for people, nor do I linger and sit idle for my father to find me and have his way with me. I command you to keep silent I am in no need of your malicious voice mocking me with ill words and threats. If I had a way I would cleave you in two!
Esgallhugwen did not have two personalities but often took counsel with herself, she would always criticise herself, warning against being to open towards others in case of betrayal. Those thoughts she kept very close and always had them in mind.