View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 03:34 PM   #9
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Sting

Something must be going well. I never used to read the roleplays before the new system was introduced and now I'm a player.

I think that dividing the roleplays into skill levels was an excellent idea. The new system allows everyone to play at their own level, so that novices aren't frightened off and advanced players don't become bored or frustrated. Now everyone comes in at the level that suits them and progresses as far as they like.

Tighter moderation has definitely improved matters, not by improving what was good, but by ensuring that it isn't all buried under tons of dross. It's a shame that there was so much avoidable acrimony at the outset, as the current structure seems more calculated to avoid friction than to create it. Now a good roleplay won't be displaced by some ludicrously implausible bit of Mary-Sue hackery, with silly characters and bizarre narration. Or will they? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Having said that, none of the new changes could have worked if the talent were not present. Anyone who's come up with an interesting story, an engaging character or an entertaining post has done something to raise the standards here. Well done to all those people.