Thread: Unworthy
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 12:27 PM   #16
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Sting

Sorry for being so ignorant- who's Terry Brooks? I've heard the name, but I don't know who he is. Also, yes, Tolkien is the Iluvitar of epic/fantasy. But if you placed him in an already existing catergory, what do you think it would be? I found a webpage that said that Lord of the Rings could be counted under one of two catergories- allegory or romance. I find this very annoying, but sort of funny. There was hardly any romance, except a tiny thing about Aragorn and Arwen in the Appendices, and the Lay of Luthien piece that Aragorn sang at Weathertop. As to allegory- the person who made the webpage said that s/he knew that Tolkien stated many times that his works should not be taken for allegory, but did not believe him. Rather strange, don't you think?