View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 09:10 PM   #10
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well currently if you go on any of the Oscar prediction websites, ROTK is doing extremely well. Basically everyone is in agreement that they will receive a Best Picture, and a Best Director nomination, and on <A HREF="http://www.goldderby.com" TARGET=_blank>Gold Derby.com</A>, out of the eight very prominent film reviewers, 7 say that ROTK is going to win the best drama Golden Globe (an extremely good indicator). Even though it only has four nominations to Cold Mountain's eight.<P>Additionally ROTK has won the most critics awards, including the New York Critic's Circle (who usually give out their award to an independent film), and the Critic's Choice Award. <P>As I look back at the responses in this thread, and see what we originally thought would be challengers. I think we can all agree that The Matrix sequels didn't turn out extremely well, and that they most likely pose no threat to ROTK's award chances. And some of the other films that were expected to be frontrunners have been weaker than expected.<P>But we will see. The Golden Globes are next weekend on the 25th, and I think the Oscar nominations come on the Tuesday after that. And then of course we will all see what happens on February 29th, Academy Awards Day (for me, big fan ). It will either be a very good day for fans of the films, or an extremely sad one.