View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #45
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dűm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Linked to Player/Character List ~*~ Pio

Character Bio & First Post for the game

NAME: Dárin

RACE: Dwarf

WEAPONS: Well equipped, though he is very old. He wields a large axe, a smaller knife and a roundshield. He has light armour, because of the worries of older age, but has fought some battles and retains some of his strength.

APPEARANCE: A normal size for a dwarf, with a long grey beard. He’s quite old and cannot move well, bowed down more than even a normal dwarf. Because of this his movements are stiff and he can only really shamble, not run.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: He is stubborn, and slow to relieve old ties and prejudices. Dárin is very cynical and grumpy much of the time. He has never ridden a horse, does not easily try new things, and almost never seeks glory or adventure, save in need, though this journey is was a strange decision. He can be a strong ally in what he believes in, but his weakness is his stubbornness.

HISTORY: Dárin used to be a dwarf from the Iron Hills, related to Thin-gloomy. After hearing of the race which his relative won, and then hearing of the way which he was captured, Dárin decided that because he had no children and no reason to stay in the Iron Hills, he would track down his old acquaintance and help him escape. It was a strange decision, a compulsive move that he would nearly never had made under normal circumstances, and he may regret it later on in the journey, but Dárin has become poor, and he thinks he might somehow be able to profit from it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sixth Wizard's post

In a large open field somewhere in Rohan, a small figure was hurrying through the bright sun. Heavily dressed, he was nevertheless in a state of disrepair, and looked as though he had travelled a long way. This was in fact a dwarf known as Dárin of the Iron Hills. And Dárin the Dwarf was in the state of mind that had carried him through the past few weeks. Grumpy.

"Witch-Kings and Necromancers! Elves and Dragons! Spiders and Skin-changers! Goblins and Trolls! I can't take it any more, no I can't, I am too old, too old. Why oh why did I ever begin this journey? I don't like Thin-gloomy! I should've earned my bread at home, or become a builder, ...or something anyway! And curse this infernal grass!" A stream of mixed curses and profanities were dispatched from Dárin as he plucked a few spines from his clothes.

There were many miles behind him, and many a clue from travellers he had met over the disappearance of his second cousin Thin-Gloomy. The main reason Dárin had left the Iron Hills was because of his poverty, brought on because he was terrible when dealing with gold, and the thought he may profit from helping his relative. And somewhere there were some family ties hidden under his gruff exterior. He actually had quite a loyal heart.

Finally he began to draw near to civilisation. Civilisation, he laughed. People of the farms know nothing of stonework! One thing they're good at though, making ale. He hastened toward the nearest Inn, ignoring their stares, and a snuffling horse. A good drink awaited.

-----

Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; 03-08-2007 at 03:14 AM.