View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 10:45 PM   #377
Sadbh
Haunting Spirit

Sadbh has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

With a final pat of the horse's neck, Sadbh turned and nodded at Deorlin. "And what other kind of ale is there beisdes a wet one?" She laughed faintly at her mild joke. As they walked down the stables, she heard a familiar voice crooning a song from Dale. Interested, she concentrated her vision to see better in the light of the pale candle stub.

"Sadbh?" She heard a familiar voice inquire.

"A- Achae?" Sadbh's own soft voice filled with slow wonder and confusion. "Achae, what are you doing away from Lake Town?" Her eyes clearly showed surprise that her aquaintance was away from her homeland. "I certainly didn't expect to meet you! How is your family?" Her voice was now clearly pleased that she should meet own of her fellow countrymen.

"Come into the inn with us! We were just going in for a pint and a bite." Deorlin smiled at the other young woman.

Sadbh spoke to both as they stepped out again from the stables into the brisk air.
"Achae, this is Deorlin of the Westfold. He's a horseman, like all his kinfolk." She took a breath and continued as she opened the smooth handled door. "And Deorlin, this is Achae. She comes from Dale, as do I. I had no idea that I would run into any from my home." The three stepped into the warming atmosphere of the Green Dragon. As Deorlin took a long stride ahead, Sadbh asked Achae hopefully, "Achae, you know the prince, don't you? You haven't... seen him?" Her tone was pained.

[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: Sadbh ]