View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 08:25 AM   #62
stone of vision
Haunting Spirit

stone of vision has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Hey, poetry lover,

Quote:
Long time ago I have renounced to explain the sweet/bitter pang i feel when my heart beats for those i don't hate.
(" I don't hate you" "je ne te hais pas" from the Cid / Corneille / Chimene telling Rodrigue she loves him by using a litote "i don't hate you" because she is not allowed to declare openly her love, Rodrigue being her father's murder and she being loyal, oops that's another story, i'm gonna get you more confused there, lol!)

Quote:
I 'm not ready to loose neither of them (the ones i love), you included, even it was written by destiny and Reason would approve it.
Against fate and logic I will rise and fight until nothing of me left like shattering in zillions pieces.
ok, imagine the Fate and Reason as a cage with the walls which are closing down on the speaker and the people he cares, his sacrifice is to destroy
the jail to free the others though it would mean to harm himself or to destroy himself because the loss oft he ones he cherished would be unbearable.
The others are the reasons of his life, his sacrifice is the way to fulfil the meaning of his.

Well yeah, what is funny is poetry is that according to the sentiveness of each us and the different association of words meanings, the interpretation could be totally different and none the less valid from another pov...

Don't be sorry, never thought i would have an "amateur" like you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
The situation reminded me of my graduation French test , loooong time ago lol!
Btw the poem i chose to comment was one of the beautiful of the French poetry (not my favourite, my favourite are in the signature of Piosenniel [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])
the" Colchiques" ( meadow safran) by Apollinaire.

Now I 'm wandering in more scientist pathways than Letters but still remains some pleasurable remeniscences. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Got to go, i can hear the call of Science, hands on her hips, hailing me!

Nee, ai****ara
Dare mo ga konna kodoku ni naru no?