View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 03:07 PM   #92
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Did anyone see the special on JK Rowling on PBS? It was last weekend I think. She did take alot of her stuff from legend. They(PBS) put alot of effort into looking into the story. Tolkien was not mentioned once. A Gray Lady was mentioned, and all and the possible connections. If you read HP you can see a few parrallels to LOTR but I realy could care less weather or not she was inspired by Tolkien. I like both authors and so there you have it. They both get the same respect, sometimes I will sit down and forget about homework till the book is done and others I just read when I have a spare momnet to breath in.

But all that is said in this thread is most likely debated else where. I don't think that Rowling should be compaired to Tolkien, I read both of them and come to the conclusion that they are similer yes, but still very diferant. So don't go out trying to find something that isn't there.

Wormtail and Wormtounge; Wormtail was a little discusting idot that pretened to be a rat for years. He was hiding from the inistry of magic, because he had killed some people and pinned it on Sirus Black. When he came out of this raty shape he was nothing but Voldemort's pet, it seems.He ended up sacraficing more than he planned for. Wormtounge was a bit more free thinking, he did what he was told, but he wasn't as snivliing as Wormtail. ( But when you tink about it I need to read the book again , it is all a haze) ....... More could be said but I will stop here.

[ July 09, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]