View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #50
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben K
Yes it is totally out of the question. Seems about as justified as sexually confused frat boys reading homosexuality into Frodo and Sam's relationship due to some tactility and concerned glances. It's complete hyperbole from overly critical fanboys.
Hate to break it to you, but you are the queer one here. Show that scene to ten people unfamiliar with the characters and I'd bet that at least nine would see a romantic moment (with sexual connotations).

Do I think that Galadriel and Gandalf will have any R-rated moments together, explicit or implied? No I don't see that happening. Will they have a romance, or the bud of one? Probably not.

I can however easily imagine PJ's Galadriel as a temptress or a tease if you will. A benign manipulator. Perhaps she is testing Gandalf's moral fibres, or something to that effect, him being incarnated as a Man, not immune to Men's inherent weaknesses' and lusts?