View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #1847
Ivriniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ivriniel has just left Hobbiton.
Hey there Pitchwife excellent numerology hahaha - we'll have to set u up with a shopfront and advertise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
All right, let's try to shed some more light into this darkness. From LotR Appendix B,The Tale of Years :

Second Age 1200 Sauron endeavours to seduce the Eldar. Gil-galad refuses to treat with him, but the smiths of Eregion are won over. The Númenoreans beginn to make permanent havens.

+ 300 = 1500 The Elven-smiths instructed by Sauron reach the height of their skill. They begin the forging of the Rings of Power.

+ 90 = 1590 The Three Rings are completed in Eregion.
yes, yes, and yes -

Quote:
With that in mind, the person addressed at the beginning must be Sauron, handsome and comely in his disguise as Annatar Lord of Gifts,
Yes - I've always wondered if he had a 'gf', or series (typical bad boi, bad boi romping, or bf/s for that matter, or both), and whether or not that had anything to do with his alliance formations, or process. Sort of like Dorian Grey.

Quote:
Lord of the Seven and the three times three = Nine, but not of the Three. He can beget no children, as Evil cannot create but only mar, but wasn't he something like the [b]project manager in charge of turning Elves into Orcs for Morgoth[/b[ way back when?[/vague memory], so Orcs could be his metaphorical children?
HAHAHAHAHA - prolly - and most prolly a micromanager. Did he have control issues or what! Eru must have had a lot child-rearing headaches hahahaha

The ideas about evil not being able to beget children and marring I used. I was a bit off the mark with that one in some ways. I don't think Sauron ever 'made' anything living of his own, that I can recall. Morgoth had tanties and spat his dummy marring Eru's creations - with a project manager.

But, I kinda decided Ringwraiths were Sauron's children. Definitely had anti-social tendencies, as did Sauron's Vampires, and I think also he did the Werewolves (of Tol Sirion, FA, I think).

Quote:
"Tall ships and tall kings" seems to refer to the Númenoreans building havens, as mentioned in the 1200 annal, and/or to the navy Tar-Minastir sent to aid Gil-galad.
Woulda got right up Sauron's nose to see so much Numenorean might. I always get confused about timelines - Ar Pharazon in returning took Sauron back to Numenor. I seem to recall the One was made by then. The Rings were forged, weren't they, by the time Sauron was taken captive?

If they were do we have Ringwraith candidates from The Land of Gifts? Might have appealed to a Numenorean from a disaffected blood line. (Actually, sounds wrong. I can never seem to remember when exactly Ringwraiths appear. I think its' around 800 or 900 TA. But that doesn't say anything about 'when' a man received one of the Nine and then 'how long' it all took. But we never found out which three Numenoreans became wraiths.

We know that when the Witchking was standing, his knee was where Merry cleaved undead flesh (I think Merry was kneeling). Tolkien used the words "mighty knee" to describe the Witchking in a reference to stature.

So what's left?

Quote:
Im still hazy about the "disease" mentioned twice, and "the gate into the day" etc. The latter is obviously a quotation, but from where and said by whom? And how does it all hang together?

Quote:
(PS. - Pitchwife has a lot of great scenes all over the Second Chronicles. My favourite is when the First tells of her temptation by the Elohim, when one of them took the shape of an unstunted Pitchwife and she rejected him because he lacked her husband's heart and humour - awww!
I so hear you. I think that were it not for moments like that, so timeless and reminder of where to rest the heart when in solitude, so recall a way to live a real life in our often creepy, crazy world. I'm moved to recall the mythology like that, and (those Elohim - my god, they just weren't right, were they). I think the moderators will be okay with 'just a touch' of ye olde Donaldson-ian ways. If I put it on topic, that should help:

There is a clue in Pitchwife's bodily bearing, actually, that aligns with the Riddle. It's interesting, isn't it, the strange coincidences. Pitchwife's 'spirits' and 'heart' of Giant were 'not diseased' -- in fact a Giant of such moving beauty, joy and great loyalty and love -

Even though, I seem to recall, his deformation was, by part, affliction of the Bane in the background, creeping over the world - Sunbane.

The next poster follows this idea on.

Thanx so much for the responses, Pitchwife, and kind regards

Last edited by Ivriniel; 07-02-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Ivriniel is offline   Reply With Quote