View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 06:28 AM   #1853
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Butbutbut what's the solution to the riddle as a whole? Sauron? Rings of Power? Or is there even one? *scratches head in confusion*

OK anyway, if you consider this riddle solved I can try to cobble something together in the next couple of days, but I'm a bit rusty, so if Pervinca has something up her sleeve I'm fine with her going ahead.

As for the timeline, the Rings of Power (including the One) were forged roughly in the middle of the Second Age, whereas the big action with Ar-Pharazôn was about millennium and a half after that, with the Nazgûl first appearing inbetween, in S.A. 2251.

I notice you seem fascinated with Sauron's erotic life, Ivriniel! I'm not sure if he indulged in such pursuits at all, being a Maia, but if he did, I think he would have used sex as a tool for domination only (if you've read the Gap series, think of Angus Thermopyle with less mother issues, more self control and way more malice).

(As for my namesake and his creator, much as I'd like to talk about them at greater length I really feel we shouldn't clutter the Riddles thread with that, but if you're interested in discussing Tolkien with an eye on Donaldson (or Donaldson with an eye on Tolkien), I made a thread about Donaldson's reading of LotR a few years ago; we could revive it and move over there, or you could just PM me. Cheers!)

EDIT: x-ed with the two of you by half an hour. I really shouldn't post from work! *rolleyes-at-self*