View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 06:48 AM   #41
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Maika, I won't reiterate here what I said earlier about how busy the mods are--something which Child has now explained at length.

However, there might be another point which makes Gondor look different from the other realms. This has to do with how the games are planned. Although there are discussion threads, they don't appear to have nearly the extensive interactions which games at The Shire and Rohan have.

In part, I suspect this is because the gamers know how to interact and so less formal planning is required. They also tend to be people who use the discussion threads to discuss the game and writing rather than make chatty comments about RL--it is a writerly interaction rather than social interaction.

But there is another reason, a silent kind of discussion which does not show up but perhaps can be 'felt.' Perhaps you and others are responding to this 'absence.'

I know that a great deal of the planning for both Castle Maladil and Revenge of the Entish Bow goes on 'behind the scenes' via PM or in chat. Certainly all my planning for Saladriel and my next cameos on REB has occurred in chat with Estelyn Telcontar. That is why #Elbereth exists.

I think the best way to 'join' Gondor, in addition to posting at The Seventh Star, is to run a game of one's own in Rohan. If someone is not willing to run one's own game there, it really would not make sense to expect to become one of those eligible to found games in Gondor.

This is, of course, just my opinion. I cannot speak for Gondor's Innkeeper.

And now I must run and fulfil one of those RL obligations. Orual, I will return and answer your question later this morning.

Regards,
Bethberry