View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 07:50 PM   #158
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
As Orogarn (Two) laid down his rap, Grrralph was in the wings muttering. By all appearances, he was talking to himself, which the members of the Itship would not find necessarily peculiar. After all, they had become used to Grrralph's eccentricities. But in reality, or at least some plane thereof, the wraith was not speaking to himself or even to the nearby spiders on the wall. Rather, he was talking to some "shadies" of his own, reviewing the bass line, the key, the time and the beat for the song he had selected. For from the moment Soregum had slunk into the room he had detected a familiar scent which had, once again, revived one of his obscure, deeply hidden memories. So he had picked out his own tune accordingly.

The Itship applauded as Orogarn finished his performance, then groaned to hear Sorgum's decision. Then it was Grrralph's turn. He stepped forward into the lights and moved forward towards Soregum, sniffing again to confirm his suspicions. Then he nodded and murmured, "I don't recall you, but the scent you carry is very familiar." Soregum looked up, way up, at the wraith in surprise and just a bit of concern, but Grrralph merely turned and stepped into the spotlight.

"I don't remember where I learned this song or even what its about, but it seems somehow appropriate," he said to the meager audience. "So I dedicate this to Soregum and whoever he's been hanging around with, because I never forget a scent." Then he gestured grandly and four unhappy spirits stepped forward. One held a peculiar bass, seemingly backwards. Two held guitars and the fourth appeared with a drum kit. Their pale, wavering faces were indistinct, but they each wore odd hairdos, almost as if their hair had been cut around oversized bowls.

"Wait!" cried Leninia. "You cannot use spirits from my own castle!"

"I need backup," replied Grrralph. "And surely you do not fear the talents of these old dinosaurs." Leninia muttered and waved her agreement.

The song began with a compelling bass line. Dun, dum, dum, DUM, dum, dun, dum dum, DUM, dum. Then Grrralph began to sing with all his soul, or whatever passed for it.

Here come old Mogūl
He come groovin up slowly,
he got fiery eyeballs,
he one nasty Loyer.

He got...fangs...down...to his knees.
Got to be a Velour he just do what he please!

He know tax loopholes,
he got ten accountants,
he got Orcish legions,
he live in MoreDough.

He say,
"I loan to you,
you pay me.
One thing I can tell you is you got to pay a fee!"

"Or foreclosure!
Right now!
Or sell to me."

He got production,
he a land developer,
he an advertiser,
he one nasty banker.

He got
Guccis...down...below his knees.
Waiting in his lobby, prepare to be fleeced.

"Or foreclosure!
Right now!
Or sell to me!"

Right!

At that moment, the Entish Guitar was caught up in the throbbing beat and began strumming a solo as Grrralph began a stately dance around the makeshift stage. "Shut up!" hissed Leninia, but the Entar paid her no mind and continued until Grrralph's strutting step concluded.

He no idle boaster,
he got no scruples,
he got no morals,
he one ugly sucker.

He say,
One and one and one is ten!
Got to be a Velour,
he just charged you again!

"Or foreclosure!
Right now!
Or sell to me"