View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #219
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Linduial mentally cursed her revealing blush. You've been working too hard at this to let him get to you that easily! she scolded herself, taking the moment he leaned over her hand to school her features into their proper disinterest. When she found herself the possessor of a rather sticky candy, she almost laughed in delight, but caught herself handily. Trying a little hard, wasn't he? Saeryn was right. Except...he surely doesn't think my heart is as easily won as Léođern's, to be swayed by sweets and manners. But...he is such a dear. Lčođern is completely charmed, and I as well. Mustn't show it!

She tucked the chocolate away into a handkerchief she pulled from her basket, smiling at Lčođern's sticky happy face. "Thank you, Degas," she said smoothly, in the calm, friendly tone she used with strangers. "You remind me of my brothers; they always used to give me such things when I was a child."

Oh, Lin, that was mean, she told herself, laughing inwardly at the look on Degas' face. You'll have to try harder, my dear. I love watching you try... "I hope you don't mind if I save it. I don't like to eat such sweet things before a proper breakfast. And what favor might I do you? Please speak quickly, Lčođern and I have much to do, if her father agrees she might accompany me today."