View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #234
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Away -- Wistan's farm - Dunstede

An elderly woman answered his knock after a short wait. "Welcome, sir," she said, stepping out towards him. "I suppose you've come for the yearling, then?" and without answer she began to lead the way. "He's fattened up nicely for us. I think you'll approve. . .Goodman Aidan. Step along carefully now, mind the muddy places. The piggery's just there, near the barn. . ."

Thornden followed her a few steps out of pure habit and good manners, but he stopped when she finished. "No, ma'am, I'm. . . not here for the. . .yearling." She turned around towards him. "I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone else, and I'm very sorry for that. No, ma'am, I'm here to collect some of what is due to the new Eorling of this Emnet. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I know that it isn't at the quarter is it should be, but there is much construction going on and lord Eodwine is in need of coin. I'm only here to collect the last two month's due." He had said the same thing the last goodwife and he hoped this woman would agree as easily and nicely as the first.

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-24-2006 at 04:05 AM.