View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 07:41 PM   #235
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
"If that be the why of it, set aside your washrag and bucket and come upstairs with me."

Eodwine looked at her in confused wonder, waiting for her answer, hoping it would reveal more of her hidden thought.

"That, I suppose, is some of it." She spoke slowly, gathering her thoughts, careful to let nothing slip. Men! She allowed herself to think it for a moment. They never understand that some actions are not based upon logic. She frowned at the thought and ignored it. She respected Eodwine far too much to label him so half-heartedly, and understood her own work too little to think about it too critically. She knew that logic was missing in one of those thoughts, but Eodwine seemed to require one of two things... a legitimate reason as to why she should be left working, or an accompaniment away from it. Perhaps, she thought, if she left off working for a time, he would leave off questions that she could not answer.

"What awaits me upstairs?" she added tiredly.