View Single Post
Old 01-15-2001, 08:47 AM   #9
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wight
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
yep

a new and simplified response. lets go w/ the final conception in X {QS phase 2].

the big version of the DoV would at my suggestion look thus:
Of Finwe and Miriel
Of Feanor and the Unchaining of Melkor
Of the Silmarils and the Unchaining of Melkor
Of the Silmarills and the Unrest of the Noldor
{{Of the Darkening of Valinor }}
{{ Of the Rape of the Silmarils}}
Of the Thieves Quarrel

Thus I suggest doing the 2 double bracketed chapters above , I include 'Of the rape of the silmarils' as it seems to have been a part of DoV in all prior conceptions and will complete the work on the chapter in the old format , whiledividing the material according to the final conception.

What say ye?

Also that will mean getting durelen X chapters { would you like me to keep an eye out for a used copy ? , I live in an area w/ an abudance and of used bookstores and tend to frequent them.

At the risk of pondering criminal activity online [is pondering a crime,criminal? ] , does anyone have scanning capabilities and then it can be emailed? I am not quite there yet [I have an Italian scanner that has a lame mac software card that I suppose I need to try again now that I have a computer that is only 5 years old instead of 7!]

'The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night, and awaken early before dawn- exchanging lore and wisdom such as they possessed , so that they should not fall back into the mean and low estate of those , who never knew or more sadly still, had indeed rebelled against the Light.' Lindil is often found on posting on the Silmarillion Canon Forum at the Barrowdowns discussion board. </p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000076>lindil</A> at: 1/15/01 5:52:23 pm
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote