View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 05:08 PM   #871
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
"I cannot wait to see it," said Lily. It did sound beautiful. Beautiful... like the flowers in her hair. She did not know why she thought of it then, but it brought another idea to mind. She paused, and continued.

"I do not know how long you will be staying at your aunt's house, but this morning I was thinking. Soon, I will need to be going home. Tomorrow morning, maybe. When I do leave, I am not sure how soon I will be able to return to the Shire to visit you. I will try to send word, but it might not be possible. I will think of you though." She reached up subconsciously and touched the wreath of blossoms about her head. "I will keep these flowers forever, I think-" This said with a slight blush. "-and I thank you for them. In return, I would give you this." She undid the knot of the leather string around her neck, unnoticed for she wore it close to her skin. On it was strung a small golden stone. She was unable to think of anything else that she might give him, though the stone seemed somehow fitting. She was not exactly sure what she thought he would do it, but she hoped he might treasure it. "I was given it, when I was younger. Always I have worn it, but now I ask you to take it." She held it out for him to take, looking at him somewhat expectantly.