Thread: Your lotr dream
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 03:01 PM   #343
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
^This is so many kinds of hilarious, Legate! Also kind of creepy in parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
First thing, it actually was not anime, it was live-action, even though somewhat strange. Somebody explained that the anime was scheduled to come in a year, but this was a sort of first-stage version of it, that they first did it with live actors and then they will just "draw over" them and make the anime.
You probably know that this is exactly how Ralph Bakshi's LotR was made. (Got to admit, when I first read about an animated Tolkien movie being made I got my hopes up that somebody had at last given Bakshi the money to make the second part after 40+ years.)

Quote:
Dream logic insert: the Hobbit in question was at the same time sort of Frodo/Merry, and he was played by Daniel Radcliffe. The princess was sort of Éowyn and was played by Miranda Otto, but clearly a younger version of herself (she looked like she was about 16).
So, er, you actually dreamed about Daniel Radcliffe spying on 16 year old naked Miranda Otto?
Quote:
This is to also explain what happened next: Éomer appeared and tried to both placate his sister and also to explain to the Hobbit that this was just how their law worked and told him to simply cooperate.
This is where Thain Picard starts wracking his head about how to save Wesley Radcliffe-Took without breaking the Prime Directive.

Quote:
The Hobbit read, in what I understood was to be some old Anglo-Saxon language, something that sounded like: "...arfhaed matté wytha."

"Does it mean you are going to boil me alive in hot tea-water?" the Hobbit asked, clearly not having understood a single word.
"Why would you think that?" Éomer asked, confused.
"Well, here it says 'maté'."
I really cracked up here. Have you told that to Aganzir?

Quote:
Then there were several shots of Hobbits as adventurers. Very non-canon. One shot included a Hobbit with tiny fairy-wings, wielding two daggers, twirling them epically in mid-flight and then stabbing them into the back of some tiny fairy dragon that flew ahead of him. We understood that the wings was one of the ways the Hobbit was going to "level up", a special power he was going to acquire.
This is the creepy part. *shudders*

Quote:
The overall feeling I got from the dream was quite unsettling.
I dare say!