View Single Post
Old 12-17-2003, 11:17 PM   #12
Dininziliel
Wight

Dininziliel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Orual writes: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Carrying Frodo up the mountain, the line after the destruction of the Ring about marrying Rosie, his facial expressions at the Grey Havens, and, of course, "Well, I'm back." Actually, I think I cried more when he said that--"Well, I'm back"--than I cried at anything else. I was so happy that they kept that line. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That pretty much says it all for me, too. I've been reading LotR again to prepare for the movie today, and Sam has become my new favorite character. Sean Astin was best performance in TT, and I think he captured Sam's character from the book as well or better than anyone else did theirs, although there are two or three contenders (Saruman/Lee, Merry & Pippin/Monaghan & Boyd, and, of course, Gollum/Serkis/renderers).<P>I thank him, and, I thank Jackson, Walsh, & Boyens for allowing Sam to come through so well. He is essential to the heart and meaning of the story. I just can't see anyone else in the part, and I treasure Astin's gift of Sam to me.<p>[ 12:21 AM December 18, 2003: Message edited by: dininziliel ]