View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 10:48 AM   #11
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

I think that the Orcs were intelligent enough. I mean haven’t you all seen the quote that pops up above once in a while, about Ocs counting.

Just because you are evil and kill things for fun does not mean that you are an idiot. Some may have been but I think that they were smart in their own twisted way. I mean Hitler was a genius and his men were not all stupid. Some of them were geniuses too.

I think that we as a world have come to the conclusion that if something is evil and kills for fun, then it is generally stupid. I think that is a misconception. This leads to stupid mistakes on our parts and we pay for it with our lives. So I think that the Orcs have intelligence. As my mother is saying that lack of intelligence precludes evil. They had a society and they made weapons and armor so therefore they are not stupid. Orcs were evil from birth, as twisted creations of Iluvitar.

The Orcs knew who was who, had names and had a language. They also knew what was going on and were able to organize attacks on middle earth.