View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 07:19 PM   #333
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Save filled.

Elempi's decision to have the menfolk take an about-turn has pretty much resolved Bergil's dilemma, which is fine with me since I couldn't think of a satisfying way to resolve Bergil's character with the idea of taking Indil into the wilds.

However, in reading on... I'd like to quibble with Elempi about the phrasing of Bergil's reply regarding the fastness of Elessar's prisons. The line currently reads:

Quote:
"None can escape from the prisons of Elessar," Bergil asserted. "They are too well watched by the Tower Guard."
Something about it doesn't sound like Bergil to me. A little bit too... earnest maybe? I envision Bergil as young, perhaps naive, but he's a ranger who's been serving for some years now, and he lived through the Siege of Minas Tirith. I envision him as rather more serious...

Anyways, my proposed revision of the line is more one of wording than content:

Quote:
"I doubt if he could escape the prisons of Elessar," Bergil asserted. "The Tower Guard watches them most vigilantly."