Thread: All About You
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2002, 11:39 PM   #21
Naaramare
Wight

Naaramare has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Naaramare
Tolkien

Name (that you go by): Meredith, Merry, Mer-ka, Fire's Bliss, dearheart or Arwen (depending on the mailinglist): On my legal Birth Certificate is Meredith Arwen Temple (yes, really)

Age: Old enough to think I know better. Young enough that I can still get away with it. (17, going on 37)

Occupation: Writer, reader, singer, actress, student, coffee girl, counsellor, psychoanalyst, daydreamer, religious sounding board and Official Wry Commentator

Future Aspirations: to sing with the Vancouver Bach Choir, to go to Scotland, Ireland and Britain, to fall in love (hah! ), to have children and a career, and other such impossible nonesense.

Goal in life: to become a respected, published author.

Short term goals: to pass Math 11 in BC

Passion: writing, singing, music, Bach

Hobbies: writing, reading, singing, psychoanlysis, the internet, debating impossible points.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): winning an unwinnable mock-court case in Humanities; going to Provincial Voice Festival twice; writing fifty-seven pages of a story in three weeks; having my very own Dictionary of Big F****** Words; knowing Tolkien backwards, forwards and upside down.

Fave book: LotR, Fionavar Tapestry, Last Herald Mage Trilogy, Pride and Prejudice

Fave movie: Star Wars (all) FotR, Princess Bride, Dead Poets' Society, Philidelphia, Dogma

Fave sport: fencing, tai chi

Fave store: Chapters, Le Chateau, Artemis

Fave music: Bach, Handel, Malice Mizer, Wyrd Sisters, whatever strikes me at the moment

What you can't stand: religious and homophobic discrimination and hatred

What you plain dislike: assumptions of superiority

Who you admire: gutsiness, grace, humility (I don't have it ^~), articulateness, reverence

What you most love to do: sing, write (when my muse permits), walk in the sunlight

Your self-confessed flaws: lazy, arrogant, hypercritical (of self and others), liar (occasionally), self-absorbed.

What intrigues/fascinates you: how people lie so much that they believe their own lies; how we project our own psyches through our characters; how people interact; how people hate it when you know them better than they do; how music affects people whether they admit it or not

What scares you: the fact that a wrong turning down an alleyway can put me at the mercy of homophobic religious nutcase teenaged boys with knives.

Quotation to live by:
"Grace is God, and grace is everywhere: the moment we forgive or a silent reverent prayer." --Wyrd Sisters, God

"Don't panic." --Hitchhiker's Guide

Additional comments: If I could sum up the meat of human existance into one line, I would. But I can't. Go out there and live for yourselves.

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Naaramare ]

si man i yulma nin equantuva? [my blog]
Naaramare is offline   Reply With Quote