View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 11:01 AM   #233
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I hoped to post this much sooner than now, but with the end of the semester hitting me with full force I am only able now to tell of my wonderful Thanksgiving with Sophia the Thunder Mistress.

Sophia and I first met over the summer at the first annual Midwest Downers Meeting. When I met her, I felt I'd known her for years, so we've continued to stay in touch. I found out in late September or early October (correct me if I'm wrong, Sophia) that she would be unable to go home for Thanksgiving, and since we go to school in the same state, my family adopted her as an honorary member for the holiday festivities.

I picked Sophia up the afternoon before Thanksgiving, and we spent the first evening catching up. On Thanksgiving, we watched the Macy's Parade and rented several movies as our tradition goes. The next couple of days we shopped, had dinner out, went to see a movie, discussed the issues we have faced in all of the RPGs we've ever played in [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img], and I learned to speak Chicken.

My daughter claimed Sophia after, I think, the first night. You would have laughed to see them going around the house like a couple of girlfriends (my daughter is two). After Sophia returned to her current place of residence, my daughter asked about her for two days...very sweet.

Sophia made an impression on all of us, and I'm looking forward to visiting her at her school after the beginning of the year.