View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:16 AM   #7
drigel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

drigel has just left Hobbiton.
Was it the innate ability of the elves, or their superb craftsmenship? These Noldor have a history of creating things that Vala / Maia covet.... and on a related note -

As for Sauron - being one of Aule's faction is heady stuff! This is the only way I could see Sauron bettering Morgoth in any aspect. It is interesting to contemplate how created things have such an impact on Ea.

Ultimately, knowlage of use and identity of the 3 rings users could be sufficient intelligence for Sauron. Im sure he intended that thought awareness or thought control was the object in the creation of the Ruling ring, but perhaps (after the destruction of Eregion) user identity was enough. Concealing the rings seems logical in the fact that Sauron could/would have common present knowlage of the bearer's location. --"Ah, Galadriel just put her ring on - I know where her kingdom lies.... "

It's interesting and somewhat ironic that - free peoples uniting aside - it seems to me, that only the elves (by an act of Grace?), in creating such powerfull rings, were ultimately the architects of the downfall of Sauron. Otherwise he would not have put so much of his power in the Ruling ring, and created the lynchpin of his own demise.?..?
drigel is offline   Reply With Quote