View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #1833
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
Gimli on a horse.
Bravo!

The two closest answers prior to this was the Gimli on Arod answer and the Rohan flag answer. I invite you to recall a somewhat different quote (though good find and good try, Firefoot! The quote was a witty answer, albeit not the one I was looking for. Let this not deter you from doing more riddles!):

Quote:
But he chose a cap of iron and leather that fitted well upon his round head; and a small shield he also took. It bore the running horse, white upon green, that was the emblem of the House of Eorl.
'May it keep you well!' said Théoden. 'It was made for me in Thengel's day, while still I was a boy.'
Gimli bowed. 'I am proud, Lord of the Mark, to bear your device,' he said. 'Indeed sooner would I bear a horse than be borne by one. I love my feet better. But, maybe, I shall come yet where I can stand and fight.'
Here is the full explanation:

A four-legged creature
Of the green field
- a horse
Serves two-legged creature
Of the grey stone.
- Gimli the Dwarf

They walk together in war; - indeed, as Gimli carries his shield with the Rohan emblem during the main battles
In peace each runs his own way. - it's a hard task, getting a Dwarf to ride a horse
Who's the Two? Who's the Four?
Can you say?
- certainly, as Pervinca did.

The reason I had an issue with the answers for horses was that it's not a specific horse, like I mentioned somewhere, but just the animal. Maybe I was too nitpicky. But well done, Pervinca! The floor is yours!