Thread: 'Obsessed' fans
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2002, 07:38 AM   #1
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting 'Obsessed' fans

Does anyone else have really irritating friends that claim to be absolutely 'obsessed' with LotR because they love the movie and are Orlando's biggest fan? Yet if you mention the books at all they're like 'You've read them TWICE? God that's sad' (and someone said that to me! I just felt sorry for them because they were missing out on so much)

It just irritates me when people think LotR is all about the movie and the 'hot' cast. I've lost count of the times i've had to patiently explain who Tom Bombadil was after i once said 'Why did they leave Tom out of the movie?!' and the answer was a 'Who? What? HUh?'

Does anyone else have friends that are so annoying like this?

~*Varda*~

ps I am in no way trying to imply that if you've not read the books and only seen the movie you're not a LotR fan. It's only if you bounce around in a teenybopper way squealing 'Orlando is so hot orlando is so hot' over and over without a vague idea of what even happens in the books that you get on my nerves.

[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]