View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 08:27 PM   #9
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotrelf View Post
I feel I should have started this thread in ME Mirth. -!- As for the Hobbits, I feel, the reason may be Merry and Pip too whose deeds were not as great as those of the Ring-bearers but they, too, stood there with them. IDK, I am wondering if there's something by Peter Jackson that shows his decision that sort of contradicts with Professor Tolkien's.
Sorry about the tangent.
In the book, of course, it is only Frodo and Sam who are honored at Cormallen. Merry and Pippin are in a serving capacity.
I think Jackson didn't consider the book was clear enough when it came to acknowledging the fact that the Ring's destruction was brought about by the labor of many, who each played their own part, Frodo had suffered the most, physically and spiritually, though Sam had been his master's greatest support.
If anyone was deserving of a bow, it was Gandalf. After all, Sauron's destruction had been his sole occupation for centuries.