View Single Post
Old 09-30-2002, 03:52 PM   #103
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Fifth has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Fifth Send a message via AIM to The Fifth
Sting

Calad gazed at Thengise. He mumured, "No..." Then his inner orc smote him once more, and he shouted, "Yes! You are all horrible! Go away! I hate you!" He then fell to the ground with a thump, and he writhed around uncontrollably, like a worm that was about to be eaten, beating his fists upon the floor like an angry child until they bled. Both Thengise and Taralquamegil ran to aid him. Thengise grabbed his waist firmly, and Taralquamegil sat down upon the floor, grabbing Calad's arms and attempting to stop the motion.

Taralquamegil shook his head. "Ai.. we were making progress, as well. He had told me what had happened to him." He sung softly to Calad, a well-known song meant to soothe elf-children, and soon Calad calmed down a bit. He then spoke, repeating the question he asked earlier. "What is it that makes us so horrible?"

Calad looked up into the elf's sky-blue eyes. "You just are!" he said loudly. He then looked at Thengise, calming down again.

"We are not here to hurt you," Taralquamegil said once more. "You greatly desire our help, I can see that, and yet you don't at the same time. I am here to rid you of your terrible memories, if you would allow me to."
The healer looked at Thengise. "Do you know much about this elf? You have been around him longer to know. Did he tell you anything?" He questioned.

Thengise let go of Calad, but moved closer to him. Taralquamegil's hands moved up to Calad's neck. He sung once more, cradling the elf's head in his arms. "Perhaps our friend here would like a rest. It has been a long day, and it shall be a long night. I will continue this next morn." He stood up, letting go of Calad. "Good-night!" he said, and the healer strode out of the doors, before glancing at Calad as he left. This allowed Thengise and Calad to be alone, now.

Calad managed to stand up, shaking all over as if he were violently sick, and he fell tiredly onto the bed. So much had happened this night, and all the thoughts of what he did and what they did were swirling like a hurricane in his mind. He stared at Thengise.

[ October 02, 2002: Message edited by: The Fifth ]
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye