View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #20
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Inziladun, clearly you have failed to read up on your popular culture. Whenever any environmental expedition is sabotaged (as this one clearly is; anyone with an axe to grind against our engineer would have waited until after he'd fixed our ship) it's always evil capitalist corporations at work. Unless it's written by Michael Crichton, in which the environment itself is being carefully manipulated by evil environmentalist corporations to create the appearance of disaster and thus get the people to surrender more power to them.

As far as the role discussion goes... that's basically everyone's attempts to get something productive done on a Day One scenario. Since we're not given too much new material to chew over, I can't think of any other productive pot-stirring methods. At the same time, what else is there really to say, except, "Don't Reveal"?

*sigh*

Not much to be done, really. I can never get a feel for anyone off Day One, and the "what if this suspect's a gifted?" paranoia is doubled because the gifteds, like the baddies, know each other--giving the teams one more similarity that my addled pate really can't afford.

Fortunately the Day is young.

So in the meantime, I will leave you* with this poser...

What's less helpful: people filling the gamethread with mindless Day One bantering drivel, or people filling the gamethread with mindless platitudes about gameplay that everyone will agree upon anyway?

Gosh, where's a good controversy when you need it?

*not really