View Single Post
Old 04-19-2003, 06:22 PM   #315
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Alas, here follows the fall of Gromfelt the dwarf. It was really fun playing with you guys and gals.
-------------------
Grom looked at Bali and others departing. This was it; There would be no respite, no rest, no chance to see the dawn. He knew what he had to do. They would have their time. Arlome and Belegond spoke, but he didn't hear them. He took a stance, and stared at the vast blackness that came toward them. Flithy vermin! He thought. He took off his hat, and looked at Yanthie's patch still holding firm. So would he.

The uruks came, running blindly toward them. With a wild yell, "EREBOR!" He lost all thought, and swung his axe at the first line. Grom dodged a blade just in time to embed his weapon the creature's chest. Another orc already replaced him, making a lunge for Gromfelt's neck. Parry, repost, hack, swing, parry again, lunge. The cycle continued for what seemed an eternity until suddenly he heard Alorme yell, "Einen, get down!" " Archers! He though at once, but his reflexes came too late.

In mid-swing he felt something hit his shoulder then his chest hard, and he fell backwards, dropping his axe. A great uruk loomed over him, a evil grin on his face. Gromfelt was in such pain as he had never known, his limbs wouldn't respond. What could he do? The orc raised his sword, and Grom spat on him, there was nothing else for it. Then, Daggers!. As the orc lunged downward, two daggers inscribed with the blessings of Dale met his throat. However, as Grom got to his axe, another of the seemingly endless orcs stepped forward. He couldn't fight any longer, this was clear. The arrow had caused such pain. With a last hoarse cry, " Kazad Ai-Menu! For Erebor!" he charged. The orc saw him coming, and cleaved upward, his blade getting past the fine armor.

The dwarf was dead before he hit the ground.
--------------
Edit: Wow, Earendil. That was great. Gah! I'm gonna have to watch something happy now. *Goes off and gets a charlie bown movie.* Really Good Job!

[ April 19, 2003: Message edited by: Arvedui III ]