View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 07:24 PM   #371
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield Ædegard

Fréawine! Ædegard had not thought of him since that day. His throat caught with shame at himself, and he looked down between his knees. He had been asked a question, though, and Liornung had the right of an answer, not least because he had brought that family friend back to mind.

"Fréawine is a friend of my family. His older brother, Fréatheld, was my papa's best friend when they were boys, and Fréawine is Fréatheld's youngest brother. Fréatheld was almost a second father to Fréawine. Fréatheld left his tanner's work, and Fréawine his ostlery to fight under King Eomer in the War. Only Fréawine returned. He has been a close friend to my papa ever since. I could not leave Edoras at all if it were not for Fréawine. 'Tis an evil that I have not remembered him until now!" Ædegard looked away from them, not daring to meet Leafa's eyes. She must think him mean of spirit to be so thoughtless.