View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 02:05 PM   #290
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Tollers:

Tollers brushed himself off and extended a hand of welcome to the newcomer. "No bother. No bother at all, Naren . I am pleased to meet you and that your earlier tumble was nothing serious. Lucky thing I wasn't carrying any plates or flagons this time. But don't worry. This mishap was entirely my fault. I'm afraid I was lollygaggling as usual." To tell the truth, the hobbit had been ruminating on his coin and how he might find out about the room the dwarves would be occupying, wondering if he should try to ask Master Dick or do some discreet sleuthing on his own.

Masking his embarrasment, Tollers smoothed out the front of his vest, his fingers instinctively slipping inside the inner pocket to make sure that his treasured coin still rested within its hiding place. To his acute distress, the hobbit discovered his pocket was empty. A look of alarm spread instantly over Toller's face.

"Oh, dear, dear, I seem to have dropped something.....something important," he mumbled to Naren. "You go over by the bar and make yourself at home. Someone will serve you in a minute. You're not from these parts, I think, but the folk around here are quite friendly. I'll join you in just a minute. That is...unless you'd like to help me look. You see, I've lost a coin, a special coin, and must find it immediately."

With that Tollers plopped down on all fours and began crawling about the floor, nosing under tables and chairs to see if his precious gold piece was anywhere nearby. Once or twice, he managed to bump into the feet of some of the guests and apologized for his clumsiness. A number of the customers looked at him in a rather odd way. Tollers wished that someone could help him, although he was afraid that whoever picked up the coin would ask too many tricky questions for him to answer truthfully. Meanwhile, in the background, the hobbit could hear the strains of a lively tune that any lad or lass would find perfectly delightful for dancing.

Last edited by Tevildo; 08-31-2006 at 02:17 PM.