View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 06:35 AM   #43
Raynor
Eagle of the Star

Raynor has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
What you are doing, Raynor, is defining a man as mortal and an elf as an immortal, and saying there is NO other difference.
My I ask how you arrived at that conclusion from my statement? My argument was that if a Man (or to be more exact, one of the Eruhnini), is immortal, then he is an Elf. Interpreting this implication as meaning an exclusive disjunction between this difference and other possible differences between Men and Elves is unwrarranted - esspecially if you consider that previously I presented abilities (or their degrees) which are specific to the Elves.
Quote:
In the case of Elros' descendents, until the shadow fell on Númenor, four hundred years was the standard lifespan, whereas the Normal Númenorean only lived 250-300 years.
It depends on what you mean by the shadow. From 2406, the kings live for less than 350 years, and from as early as 2618, the ruler's life decreases bellow 300 years and continues to diminish.