View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #132
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kórin

Kórin smirked and bowed her head slightly at the compliment, though she did not think her ale had made it to any noble’s tables. Any smile faded as she considered his offer. As soon as Trór had ordered the regular army to duty, Kórin had been prepared to hear that summons as well – though not for any commander’s sake. But now, now that it was an offer placed before her, and now that it was a matter of being in service to this dwarf…she hesitated.

As she considered, something that Trór had said clicked into place in her mind. “…as I soon must do to all the able bodied men of Khazad-dum…”

“I will join you,” Kórin said slowly, preparing her next words as she spoke. “Though I wish to ask of you one thing… If I serve you in this crisis, as you called it, may I do so taking my brother’s place in mandatory service? I am the fighter; he has a great mind as I never will.”

She had more to say, but had said enough. She would not get any more sentimental.