Thread: Geeks?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 02:28 PM   #105
Lígligàst

Shield Uber-Geek!!

Kudos to who-ever said they were an uber-geek. Yes, the word does seem to be a negative sterotype, but the "geeks" define the meaning of the word. If you want to be a geek that has tape on the bridge of your glasses, so be it. I don't think anyone here is a geek that eats live animals, but we each have our own little things.. Like Star Trek, X-Files (Mulder was kinda a geek! And there was that one episode with the real geek, that ate cockroaches and stuff) Dilbert, all those shows.. We are the new-age geeks! Not a bunch of losers, but people with personalities, we aren't recluses or anti-social! I find geeks, in a sense, to be the smartest people in our school. A "geek" that also happens to like LotR and other fantasy stuff like that got a perfect 36 outta 36 on the ACT, and almost got a perfect on the SAT, or something like that. If you use your "geekiness" or "nerdiness" correctly, you could eventually be very successful. I prefer to enjoy my geekyness, and scare the uber-stoopid people away. Or at least intimidate them with my superior intelligence and humor, that hardly anyone gets... Does anyone else have a problem with a sense of humor that nobody around you understands?? It's really annoying, you quote movies and such, and people are just like... what???. Although that is funny, I wish more people my age would get the stuff I say.. A teacher of mine said he really liked my sense of humor... That is kinda scary, considering he is about the only person who gets a majority of my jokes!!! WEll, thanks for your time, and 1 more thing, I am not THAT computer savvy, or tech-savvy. I also do not have glasses or braces... And I don't normally wear shirts with pockets, and I don't have pocket-protectors in the pockets even when I do wear pocketed shirts...