Thread: Say what?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Say what?

This morning I took the younger two to a local park that also is a working farm. The girls love to see the animals; that is as long as the animals don't come too close. We saw the usual farm animals - pigs, chickens, cows, goats and geese and a stray cat or two. It was when we saw the horses that the girls really got a little scared.

We stood next to the white plastic fence that easily would keep the large animals from eating us - sure, horses are herbivores, that is until they decide to evolve and become meat-eaters, and I don't want to be there that day. Anyway, so I held my littlest one, and my other daughter stood somewhat behind me as the large horse approached. When the horse reached the fence, the babe in my arms clung to me so tightly it would have taken grease and a crowbar to get her to let go of dad.

The other one, I noticed, was backing away crying/screaming about the approach of the horse, and this was unlike her.

"Stand your ground!" It was out of my mouth before I even realized what I'd said. Instead of continuing with, "You are a daughter of alatar! No matter what comes near that fence you will stand your ground!" I said things more soothing to the child, and eventually she bucked up enough courage to come over and pet one of the three horses that had shown up.

So that incident got me to thinking: First, I still have the movies a little too much on the mind. And what other Peter Jackson movie quotes was I using?

Have you ever found yourself or another using a movie quote? And which, if any, have made it into the common lexicon?

Please don't respond with "She-Elf," as my head will just explode.