Thread: Say what?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #3
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Amazing. And hilarious.

Personally, I believe my brain works best when it comes to association, so things are always reminding me of other things...most often something someone says sparks a movie quote or line from a song. I don't think I can begin to recount the LotR lines I've used...of course Star Wars lines outrank LotR lines in use by far...

I think these have slipped into the 'common lexicon', so to speak, at least in my experience as a...'teenager'... >_>

"Is it secret, is it safe?" / "Keep it secret, keep it safe" seem to be fairly common phrases to me. If you have a large enough group, at least one person there is going to know how to respond to "Is it secret...?"

I also think "my precious" is pretty common, too.

Oh, and "You shall not pass"...'nough said.

And possibly "the One ____ to rule them all"...I think the blank has been filled in with innumerable things.

Of course, I'm trying to differentiate between my personal *nerd culture* and the *culture* of the *general population* and I'm having some difficulties, so...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote