Thread: Say what?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
What I want to know, is how did daughter react initially to the strong alatar/dad?
"Boog" stood her ground. It's odd - kids. She's the one that would jump into deep water without a thought. She's the one I placed on a (flat) roof to retrieve a toy. She was never in any danger, but the other ones thought that it was too scary, but Boog didn't hesitate. She's always at my side when I use power tools. Why she's suddenly afraid of animals - horses and spiders - I'm not sure if it's an age thing, a season thing (change) or a personality thing. I immediately felt bad when I said what I said, and worked to undo whatever damage I may have done with soft words and by helping overcome the fear. We got closer to the fence, then closer, then I held her up so she could pet the horse, she knowing that if she wanted to move back I would immediately do so.

You'll probably see Boog on some talk show one day getting audience/media therapy for having a Tolkien-nut father and equinophobia/hippophobia.

Anyway, as the movies were presented via an episode of the colorful language-ridden cartoon "South Park," I would assume that Jackson's works can be considered part of the popular and not just nerd lexicons.

Know that I've stated this before, but one of my favorite ways of entering the office on a Monday morning is to look as I always do (tired and out of sorts), come in, squint a little while looking left and right then exclaim, "I have no memory of this place..."