Thread: Say what?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 08:40 AM   #18
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Great story alatar...quite funny. Those times I think are the best.

As my niece is an avid fan of Lord of the Rings now (you can thank moi for that ) and we are always quoting the movies. But the funniest moments are the ones when you don't even know you are quoting the movies!

For instance, I work in HR and many times I have helped her out with trying to get a job and putting together a resume. And I've told her several times that she might have to move away from Ohio here to find a job, because NE there are no jobs coming up. And she's worried about having to leave and go to some unknown place.

One time I said 'Don't worry, I will follow you to the end.' She started busting out laughing, and I had no clue at the time that I had actually said one of Aragorn's lines from the movies...and she followed up with 'Even through the very fires of job searching?'

Also, she has been known to call some of her professors 'foul dwimmerlaiks,' and being the sarcastic person that I am always ask 'So your professor is an evil necromancer?' And she just comes back with 'Oh stop being sarcastic you know what I mean.'