Thread: Say what?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 08:42 AM   #23
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Ah yes, that time-honoured sport of taking the mick out of Hugo Weaving's diction. Our favourite was Ahhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrr-wwwhen.

And, of course, "they're taking the hobbits to Isengard". Said in darling Orli's posh-boy school-play voice. In my home, that's become shorthand for any kind of earnest-yet-slightly-crap acting.
Yes, the breathy pronunciation of Arwen was another funny one at the time...and davem is fond of laughing at his spitting way of saying "Men are weak". Good job Mithalwen is not around to hear us taking the micky out of her dear Hugo. I await her wrath...

In contrast to Straight Outta Italia Conti Orli, there was also Sean Bean to amuse ourselves with and the way he was completely unable to disguise his Sheffield accent (he is unable to disguise this at all, ever, in anything, which is part of his charm). I remember making up lines involving him taking the Ring "reight dahn t'Lane" and so on...