Thread: Say what?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 07:13 PM   #36
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
You know it's going to be about the kids...

We took the kids out to eat this afternoon, and we suggested that we try something different, and so put the restaurant choice up to a vote. When everyone had their say, it was decided that we go to a place called "Eat'n Park," which is a smaller chain restaurant where you can get just about anything for a reasonable price.

A cold chill went down my wife's back, and so she tells me, "Remember that scene where Gandalf hears that voice in his head before they go into the Moria place? Well, that's what I'm hearing right now."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saruman voiceover in Gandalf's head in PJ's FotR

Moria. You fear to go into those mines,
don't you? The dwarves delved too
greedily and too deep.

You know what they awoke in, the darkness
of Khazad-dum. Shadow and flame.
The last time we'd gone to this chain it was nightmarish. Though told the wait was only going to be a few minutes (with four small children, wait time is a big deal), we were finally seated after 45 minutes (one of the joys of always being 'six.'). The kids by that point were cranky and beginning to argue, the table was dirty and our waitperson, after waiting more time, was no where to be seen. So, thinking the better of it, we simply packed up and left after, of course, apologizing , but we figured that it was better to cut our losses than to slug through an unhappy experience.

So it was this Balrog moment that reminded my wife of the scene, and I'm amazed that she even remembers seeing the movie, which she's most likely seen only two or three times. Of course I supplied the paraphrased dialogue.