Thread: Pocketses
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 02:25 PM   #14
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
My *counts backwards to first reading of The Hobbit* 12-year-old imagination provided me quite nicely with Gollum dressed in naught but a pair of truly rough looking breeches that he had swiped from something he ate.

What has our pantses got in its pocketses? The teeths from its former master. Gollum.

I didn't imagine a loin cloth until the movies came out, and even then, I wondered how that impressive little garment defied the laws of physics so admirably. Perhaps he had a pocket sewn onto his loin cloth? Or perhaps... *sprays imagination with Lysol* Yes... he had pants.
I think the loin cloth was merely to keep gollum "decent"
I think in actuallity he would wear orc-like cloths i doubt his own cloths would survive in caves especially considering the poor craftsman ship of early times and that they had to survive 500 years in terrible conditions. so I believe he would steal orc garments when he caught them to eat them. and also he would have whatever they had which i believe were the oddaments he kept on his island.