View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #113
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Wow! Those are some amazing pictures Lauri!

The first three look to me like a stonier version of Rohan, or possibly some of the wilderness in the North, and yes, the fourth does look like the Mountains of shadow to me as well.

I agree with Legate about the last three.

Great photography, Laurinquë!
Thank you! The 'Barrow-downs' pictures were taken at a place called Finger Mountain about 140 miles north of Fairbanks. And I am quite open to interpretations of the whereabouts of these pictures, do feel free to improve on my assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Lauri I'd rep you again for those photos but unfortunately I don't think I'm allowed. Very beautiful work. And now you've made up my mind for me to stop in Hawaii on my future round-the-world trip.
Thank you very much! And yes, you really should stop in for a visit there! There's no other place like it in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Eugh! A TRUE plateau of Gorgoroth!! (The first one also made me think a bit of the desolation before Morannon. Posibly from a large part because of the rocks. The third could be a shot from the other side of the Gate, somewhere inside Udun. Ha, in other words: you are a bad photographer, Lauri, why did you not take a picture of the Black Gate, when it's obvious that it is just right there outside the frame)
Oh believe me, I would have but alas my camera ran out of battery right then. But perhaps this may interest you:

Ignore those annoying trees, they were just some Ents that were insisting on following me about and getting in the way of my picture.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote