Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 05:20 PM   #68
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The little human had followed Lanaey as she rejoined her group in the center of the town. Jesslyn seemed to be thriving on the attention of the other children, but her little follower wasn't going to join the other kids at play. Elena's little hand seemed to have attached itself to a stray strap of leather hanging off of her belt. Looking down Lanaey could see the circle of hair that made the top of Elena's head. The child let off such feelings of kindness and strength even though she was so young, Lanaey smiled and patted her.

Lanaey turned as Laurel spoke to her. "I have a request of thee, Lady. My grandfather has been taken by one of the darts I spoke of. He is at Mandos’ door. Could you please see him, and see if you cannot help?" Lanaey nodded even though she wasn't too sure that she could do much to help the old man. Lanaey had only come in contact with poisons used to kill outside of food and drink no more than a dozen times in her long life. Bending down she took Elena's hand in hers. Their eyes locked and Lanaey couldn't really think of what she wanted to tell the child.

"I have to go now, and you can't follow me anymore. I'm sure Della's getting hungry by now, why don't you take her home?"

Elena hugged her doll tight. "We just moved here, but Della is getting hungry. Will I see you later?"

Lanaey did a tiny tickle play causing Elena to scrunch up her stomach and giggle. "I'm not sure, but I'm staying in the village so we'll probably bumb into each other from time to time. Now get on home."

The little girl jumped forward and gave Lanaey a quick hug before starting to skip off in the direction Lanaey assumed was her home. There was some more talk among the group before Laurel broke off motioning for Lanaey and Annanoldowen to follow her. Walking behind the human youth Lanaey noticed that as they walked straight to a house sheltered among the tree's that a couple of other humans had stopped to stare at the trio. They seemed to be more focused on Laurel than the two strange elves though. Lanaey focused on their faces and feelings. Those humans were worried about how Laurel would react to how her grandfather was doing. He must be about ready to leave this world. Glancing over at Laurel Lanaey could tell that she was preparing herself for just that.

They wound through the house until they got to a darkened room were a very old human lay barely hanging onto his life. Pain was showing out of his eyes, yet he tried to hide it for his loved one.

As Laurel and Havlor conversed for a bit Lanaey thought back to all that she knew about poison. She couldn't think of any times where she encountered poison darts and she only knew a couple cures for poisons. Lanaey came back to herself when Annanoldowen stepped forward to inspect the old man closer. The wound was by his left shoulder and the poison was visible by changing his skin multiple colors by the puncture. The scholarly elf muttered to herself then turned and motioned for Lanaey to come over.