Thread: ATM II RPG
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 06:02 AM   #227
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
He had been lying in the street, in more than one way: prone on the ground, but also faking a serious leg injury to elicit sympathy. Even some burly drunken yobs had thrown him some coins, out of habit rather than care but it's results that matter, ain't it? He had plenty now to get him through another night, although one old lady had (quite rudely) advised him against purchasing another bottle. What would she know? Her measure of the fun in alcohol was probably wine spritzers: she couldn't know what was best for him!

He tried to stand up, and fell over again.

Because drunk people never see the irony, his thoughts passed swiftly to the sweet young thing crossing the street. Despite being wrapped up in black robes, this boy could tell when it was a girl (well, apart from that one time, or was it twice?) Regardless, this was a fine chance to engage with a lady. He had not had much luck with women recently; they tended to run from him and he did not know why.

Sneaking along the road behind her, for this boy was a master of stealth even at 50%, he pondered which line he would give her. He spied a trinket discarded on the ground and picked it up; then he called out: "Oh miss? Didst thou drop this jewel?"

She stopped in her tracks, but relaxed visibly. The man smiled, but this smile quickly turned to a gasp of wonder, for he recognised the girl standing before him. In the least, he was pleased to know that his judgment was accurate, and that the stranger really was a sweet young thing.

"No, Aimé, it's not mine; and besides, it's a pebble." Aimé checked his hand and sure enough the vaunted jewel was a fairly unremarkable rock.

"But it seemed so pretty..." he murmured.

"Poor inebriated Aimé" she said. "I'm glad to see you're not busy these days. I've been meaning to find you. Once we sort you out, we'll move on to business, right?"

"Sort me out?" questioned Aimé. "Whatever do you......Sweet Varda! What's going on?" He had been pulled in front of a looking glass and was forced to stare at what he had become, to confront his demons and behold this pale shadow of his former self. He could scarcely recognise the horrific image before him!

Well, by that I mean he needed a shave and a new suit; but, you know, when you looked so great previously...

"Alli, you're like that little voice of reason I never had."