View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 03:27 PM   #107
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The dinner was in full swing when Rose and the children entered, their cheeks pinked from the quick game of tag on the Inn grounds. Frodo Gardener, held open the door for his Mother, Robin and little Bilbo by his side. Rose swept in carrying the newest addition to the family, Tolman, or Tom as he was affectionately called. The rest of the Gamgee entourage trailed in behind like a covey of quail.

Elanor the Fair had Ruby in tow, while young Rose held firmly the hands of Daisy and Primrose. Merry and Pippin came next, shepherding their younger brother and sister before them – Hamfast and Goldilocks.

‘There you are, my dear.’ beamed Sam, giving the missus a kiss on the cheek. The children have got their own two tables set up over there.’ He pointed to a place near the warmth of the fireplace, with a large area behind it that had a boxful of toys and blocks just in case the youngsters grew restless. ‘You and little Tom, of course, will be sitting up there beside me, Mister Frodo and Mister Bilbo.’ He gave the baby a quick smile, and then excused himself for a moment.

‘I have to deliver this to Amaranthas, then I’ll join you.’ He called, hurrying off.

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]