View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 05:38 PM   #113
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

Arawyn went up to the room she had managed to book for the night, and closed the door, sighing. Time to change for this party she thought to herself. She pulled out a long green dress, and changed into it. It was floor length, to the point where it began to drag along on the ground. Long sleeves, that from the elbow began to billow out wider.

She went over to the mirror and pulled a brush out, and quickly combed her long black hair. My laziness...I don't feel like pulling my hair back tonight, though I know it will get tangled. Ah well. After this, she opened the door and hearing the excitement downstairs, got excited. I can finally meet some from the heroic fellowship. She went downstairs and joined the big crowd.

Carie opened the door and stepped in, surveying the room. She set the violin case down in front of her while she took off her cloak, revealing now a red dress. She picked her case up again, and walked around, trying to find the owner of the tavern. It was hard to not run into people, she found, but this time managaged it, for a bit.

Suddenly she bumped into another hobbit. "Oh my gosh, I'm terribly sorry! I must have a streak of running into everyone, please forgive me!" she said, looking to see whom she ran into.

"Oh, it's quite all right dear! Don't you worry now!" The hobbit answered. Carie suddenly recognized the hobbit.

"Bilbo! Why, this party is for you! And Frodo and Sam? Oh my, I've missed you!" Carie gushed, hugging the old hobbit.

"Why Carie Bramblerose, I'd say you've grown half a foot since I've seen you last. How have you been, my darling?" Bilbo asked, hugging her back.

"Just dandy! Oh Bilbo how I've missed you. I still have that dagger you gave to me before you left. I've treasured it always!" Carie said, as the two hobbits began walking slowly through the building. As they were talking, many other hobbits and elves, and men too, were saying hello to Bilbo.

"Well darling, I must get around and chat with the others. It was such a pleasent surprise seeing you again! Oh, I see you have your violin. Please play something for me tonight!" Bilbo said.

"Don't worry, I plan it! I will see you later!" Carie waved, then happily almost began skipping off to find the owner.
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-